We are right in the middle of it.
Just one week past Thanksgiving.
And only 2 ½ weeks until Christmas.
At this time of year:
- Expectations are high.
- Sleep is low.
- Feelings can be close to the surface.
- Overwhelm can seem constant.
There are lots of triggers.
Maybe you experienced some at Thanksgiving.
I know I did.
So, here are some tips and reminders to help you through the holiday season:
- Let go of expectations.
- Focus only on the priorities that make you happy.
- You don’t have to do it all.
- Practice saying “no” … without explaining or apologizing. Simply choose what you don’t want to do and say “no”.
- Don’t beat yourself up for recent or distant past events or memories that surface at this time of year.
- Simply evaluate the past by asking: What went well? What didn’t go well? What would you do differently next time? Then plan to do that next time.
- Don’t try to be perfect … but don’t throw in the towel. Instead, ask how can I find balance and peace for myself in this situation? Do the thing(s) that brings you that balance and peace.
- Remember the greatest gift you can give yourself and others during the holiday season is to find your joy which isn’t in doing more. It is often in doing less.
If you would like help to navigate the holidays, simply click schedule my FREE assessment.