Today I had one of those days.
Things didn’t go as expected.
Plans I had worked hard on and spent significant money on …
Weren’t turning out as I had planned.
I wanted to believe that a certain situation was hurtful and personal.
I cried harder than I have cried in a long time.
I felt worse than I remember feeling in ages.
Life Coaches don’t have a corner on:
- Things always going right
On the contrary, at least for me …
I have committed to feel my feelings and deal with them instead of reacting to them.
I understand I am feeling bad not because of:
- What happened
- What others said
- What others did
I am feeling bad because of my thoughts about what happened.
That means I choose to walk my talk …
Even when I don’t want to.
In the past I would have:
- Contemplated how worthless I was.
- Blamed others.
- Eaten huge amounts of chocolate.
- Binged watched TV for days.
- Believed my world was coming to an end.
- Thought my life should end.
Instead today I:
- Gave myself permission to feel the full weight of my sadness.
- Used the tools I teach my clients and coached myself.
- Set my intention and showed up fully present for my clients.
- Coached my clients.
- Requested and received coaching from another Certified Life Coach.
- Practiced my new Intentional Thoughts.
- Talked to my friends.
- Talked to my husband.
- Talked to my family.
- Cried some more.
As I write this it is 9:30pm.
This sadness started over 12 hours ago.
I might still feel sad tomorrow …
And that is ok …
Because I know:
- I have what it takes to weather my sorrow.
- That I, not my feelings, am in charge of my life.
- That sorrow, like all feelings (happy and sad), ebb and flow.
- I can keep putting one foot in front of the other …
- While allowing myself to process this sadness.
- That I will get through this.
- I will be better for the growth that will come with this.
As a Certified Life Coach, I am not immune to the slings and arrows of life.
I am just equipped with the shield to keep them from piercing my soul.
This sadness will pass.
I share all of this to let you know …
You too can deal with whatever life is throwing at you.
If you doubt that, just click: Schedule My Free Assessment With Cindy
I will help you!