I was asked to join a Facebook group.
It was for women survivors of sexual abuse.
I asked the admin if I could post tools and tips for healing.
I was told:
- This group is only to talk about our abuse.
Don’t get me wrong, talking about it is important.
I also want you to understand it doesn’t heal you.
I talked about my abuse for 35 years.
It didn’t make any difference.
No matter how much I talked about it, I continued to struggle with:
- My marriage
- My family
- My jobs
I realized that my abuse was affecting EVERY area of my life.
Talking about it wasn’t fixing it.
Talking about it won’t heal you.
It is only a small first step.
I run Facebook ads.
In response to the ads people schedule free consultations with me.
99% of the time:
- They don’t show up.
- They don’t reschedule.
I speak to groups about my abuse.
It never fails that afterward, people whisper in my ear:
“It happened to me too.”
They go on to tell me:
- How it has affected them for their entire life.
- They struggle with depression, anxiety, PTSD, family, work and more.
I ask them if they want to consider coaching with me.
I ask them if they want to do a free consultation.
They tell me no because:
- They have tried everything.
- Nothing ever works.
- They are just broken and damaged
- They will just have to live with it.
Here comes the tough love part …
Stop tell yourself all those lies.
They are not true.
If you aren’t healed …
Then you haven’t tried everything.
Stop giving up on yourself.
I understand you:
- Didn’t ask for it.
- You didn’t deserve it.
- It has totaled F****d up your life.
I get it.
I used to be just like you.
But here is the truth:
- You are the only one that can fix it.
- You are the only one that can heal you.
- There is no magic wand.
- It takes lots of hard work.
- Work that only you can do.
- I can’t do it for you.
- No one can do it for you.
I am sorry.
I wish with all my heart it wasn’t that way.
I wish that when:
- Your abuser is punished.
- You told your story.
That you would instantly be healed.
I wish that the people that:
- Didn’t protect you.
- That hurt you.
Would take personal responsibility for what they did.
And that when they did you would instantly be healed.
But it does NOT work that way.
I am sorry, but it just doesn’t.
So, here is the thing:
- Stay stuck, struggling and miserable.
- Keep blaming everybody for why your life sucks.
- Keep throwing a pity party.
- Keep giving your power away.
Or you can take the steps to:
- Heal yourself.
- Take back your power.
- Take back your life.
- Create healthy relationships.
- Create healthy boundaries.
- Have the life you want.
And guess what?
I know how to help you do that.
So, if you haven’t tried coaching with me …
You haven’t tried everything.
If you are ready to make a commitment to your healing, just click: Schedule My Free Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!