I saw a show once.
In it, a young boy found a journal and a pen.
He began to make up stories about his life.
He wrote his stories in the journal.
Just like magic,
He began to experience his writings in his life.
If only your life was like that.
Yep, you create your future.
I even like to think when I write my life, I am “righting” my life.
In other words, I am (not my past or other people) choosing how I want my life to be.
A great way to do that is to write down,
The story of how you want your life to be.
But wait, before you do that you need to …
Notice the current story that you are telling yourself about your life.
Have you heard the sayings:
- You can’t paint over rust
- You can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear
- You can’t soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys
I’m not saying your life is rusty or like a sow’s ear or your friends are turkeys.
I am saying:
You have to start clean.
That simply means you have to notice:
- Your disempowering thoughts.
- The impact those thoughts have on your life.
Then you have to consciously choose to think new empowering thoughts.
Here is how to write (or right) your future:
- Write the story you currently tell yourself about yourself. Be brutally honest.
- Write the story you want to tell yourself about yourself. No holding back. Use your imagination.
- Now read the story that you want to tell yourself about yourself.
- What fears or thoughts come up for you as you read this story?
- Write down those thoughts or fears.
- Score each thought or fear on a scale of 1-10. 1 doesn’t really bother you. 10 really upsets you.
- Pick the highest-scoring thought or fear and ask yourself:
- When I think that thought how do I feel? (single feeling word – sad, angry, scared, happy)
- When I feel that way how do I show up in my life? What do I do or not do?
- When I show up like that what result am I getting?
- Do I like that result?
- If you don’t like how you feel, show up, act or the result you are getting, choosing a new empowering thought to think.
- Practicing thinking the new thought and notice how it makes you feel and act and what result it gives you.
- Keep doing this until you can automatically think thoughts that cause you to feel and act empowered and get the results you want in your life.
This is not a once and done exercise.
This takes practice and consistency.
With practice and consistency, you will start to:
- Create the life you want.
- Have the results you desire.
If you would like help writing (or righting) the story of your life and creating that life, just click: Schedule My Free Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!