I want you to eliminate “I don’t know” from your thinking.
And while you’re at it eliminate:
- I can’t figure this out
- I don’t know how to …
- I’m not sure
Here is why:
Every time you think or say one of those phrases you:
- Kick yourself out of your prefrontal cortex,
- And put yourself into your limbic brain.
Your prefrontal cortex is where:
- You solve problems
- Figure things out.
In your limbic brain lives:
So, every time you think or say one of those phrases,
You automatically stop your ability to:
- Solve problems.
- Create new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Figure out how to do something you’ve never done before.
Let me explain:
Before the Wright Brothers people thought and said humans can’t fly.
Before Madam Curie people said we don’t know how to fight cancer.
But the Wright Brothers didn’t think/say can’t.
Instead, they asked: How could humans fly?
Madam Curie wasn’t looking for a way to fight cancer.
But when she discovered radiation she asked: I wonder if this would help fight cancer?
Do you see the difference?
The “can’t don’t, not sure” statements stop you.
While the questions open your brain up to figure out what is possible.
So, the next time you find yourself saying/thinking I don’t know, I can’t, I’m not sure …
Stop and make a choice to set that phrase aside.
Then ask yourself the following questions:
- If I had to guess, what would I do?
- If I used my imagination how could I do this?
- If I had already done it, what is it I would have done?
- How could I _______________________________
If you would like help eliminating the thinking that stops you, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!