It is easy to want to feel:
All the time.
But consider that those feelings are not appropriate when:
- Your loved one dies
- Your boss yells at you
- Your teenager doesn’t come home
- You get fired
It is a mistake to think everything should always be sunshine and daisies.
Everyone’s life is full of ups and downs.
Everyone experiences heartbreak.
Everyone gets angry
Everyone experiences sorrow and grief
The question is how are you experiencing negative emotions?
Can you allow yourself to feel:
Without resisting, reacting or avoiding.
In other words:
- Can you feel angry without lashing out
- Can you grieve without overeating, drinking, spending money you don’t have
- Can you be disappointed without shutting down
The skill to develop is to allow yourself to feel the full range of emotions …
Without reacting, resisting or avoiding.
The skill is to be ok with allowing and being with negative emotions.
That is true emotional maturity.
Like in the old country song:
When your truck dies, your dog dies and your spouse leaves what do you do?
- Cry without drinking
- Hurt without hurting others
- Experience any negative emotion while still moving forward
I promise you this is possible and …
It takes practice.
If you would like to learn how to allow negative emotions without reacting, resisting or avoiding, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!