So often we run on autopilot.
We react instead of act.
We think we are confused.
We are happy and motivated one moment.
Sad, anxious and discouraged the next.
We wonder what is going on.
It seems like someone else is running our lives.
Like we are a puppet controlled by something unseen.
I know it can seem like this is true.
But I want you to know none of this is true.
All of this is happening because of your unnoticed thoughts.
You have lots of thoughts.
In fact, 40,000 a day.
Most of which you don’t consciously notice.
But unconsciously you react to them.
You can start to notice these thoughts by getting in touch with you.
Here is an exercise to help you notice your thoughts:
- Imagine there are many different parts of you – your Physical Body, your Past-Self, Your-Future-Self, Your Inner Child.
- Pick just one of these parts of yourself.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine you are having a conversation with that one part of yourself.
- Ask that part of yourself:
- What do you want me to know?
- What are you afraid of?
- How did you do this? (best asked of your Future-Self for things you want to accomplish)
- Validate whatever that part of yourself has to say. Listen, validate, don’t judge. No shame or blame here. Just gather information.
- If part of you is afraid, brainstorm with that part of you how you can keep that part of you safe while accomplishing what you want to accomplish.
- If part of you wants something (example more rest), brainstorm how you can do that while doing what you want to do.
- If your Future-Self has an idea on how to accomplish something, do it!
You will learn so much by taking the time to listen to the different parts of yourself.
You can listen, validate, brainstorm and still accomplish your goals.
One time my inner child told me she was afraid.
I asked her why.
She said: “Because you are starting a business which means I will end up homeless and raped.”
I didn’t cancel my plans for my business.
I did listen, affirm, and communicated to my inner child how I would keep her safe while starting my business.
By listening to all the parts of you, you integrate.
You become highly empowered and focused.
You remove blocks.
You overcome obstacles.
You reach your goals.
If you would like help integrating rather than resisting the parts of yourself, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!