Almost everybody has a secret.
Chuck and I married without telling each other
We had both been sexually abused.
Guess how that played out.
I can tell you it didn’t go well.
Neither of us had done our healing work.
Both of us were hiding.
We both got triggered.
This secret almost ended our marriage.
Chuck had a second secret.
He was hiding an addiction to porn.
That almost tanked our marriage a second time.
No big surprise.
Because the secrets we keep, actually keep us.
By that I mean they:
- Haunt us
- Hide part of us from our past.
- Keep us from reconciling ourselves
- Keep us from emotional intimacy with others.
- Keep us reacting to hidden triggers.
We even start to say things like:
- This is just the way I am.
- This is just how life is for me.
Over time we accept the self-imposed prison of our secrets.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
You can choose something different.
You can choose to live a life where:
- You are no longer afraid.
- You can tell the truth.
- You realize we are all dealing with the same stuff.
- You are not alone.
- You can stop hiding.
- You can heal.
- You can have the life you want.
You begin by simply telling yourself the truth.
- Write down your secrets.
- Write down everything about your secrets.
- Take one secret at a time.
- Ask how that secret makes you feel.
- What do you do when you feel that way?
- What result is that giving you?
- Do you like feeling and acting that way?
- Do you like the result you are getting?
- If not, how could you think differently and feel better?
- If you thought that thought and felt that way what would you do?
- What result would you get?
I thought if I told my family about my sexual abuse it would ruin my life.
It set me free.
It put me on the path to the work I do now.
Was it easy?
But was it worth it?
So again, I ask you:
- What secret is keeping you?
- Is the price you are paying worth it?
Do the above work and then let me know.
If you would like help, finding freedom from the secrets in your life, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!