Can you only be happy when life is perfect?
Are you supposed to be happy all the time?
Is everybody else happy all the time?
Is everyone else’s life always perfect?
Stop for a minute and consider these questions.
- Follow any social media
- Look at the books on personal improvement
- Listen to certain podcasts
You might get the feeling that:
- 100% happy 100% of the time is a real thing.
- You are missing out and messing up on your happiness.
- Everyone else’s life is already always perfect and happy.
Let’s lift the façade off these lies.
Consider that social media is the fairytales of our time.
I remember growing up watching:
- The Wonderful World Of Disney
- Leave It To Beaver
- The Brady Bunch
- The Partridge Family
I believed it all.
I believed that:
- A prince regularly rescued damsels in distress.
- Mothers vacuumed in dresses and pearls.
- Single mom’s could make a living with a family band.
- Blended families lived happily ever after.
- Magic was possible.
I believed that stuff.
Imagine my disappointment when my life wasn’t like that.
Fast forward to today.
In a hot second social media shows us:
- Happy families
- Lasting friendships
- Successful businesses
- Rags to riches stories
- Overnight successes
But remember you never see the hard times.
Yes, you may see requests for prayers
But you never see:
- The couple fighting.
- Kids really misbehaving.
- Families struggling to make ends meet.
- People that are really hurting.
My point is we are sold a false reality.
And we expect our life to be like the lie we are sold.
I don’t have a problem with all the joy on social media.
I just want you to realize it is not the whole story.
I don’t want you to:
- Buy the lie.
- Think you are missing out.
- Think life should be 100% perfect 100% of the time.
I want you to consider that everyone has struggles.
You are not alone in this.
My Uncle used to say:
“It’s a long road that doesn’t have a bend in it.”
In other words:
Everyone has struggles or will have struggles.
I am not saying don’t work to improve.
I am saying accept the struggles.
Accept the hard times.
We all have them.
It isn’t if we will struggle.
It is when.
But when we accept our struggles,
Instead of arguing against them,
That is where the magic happens.
It is in the acceptance of:
- Ordinary days.
- Struggles while improving.
That we realize life is perfect right here, right now.
This up and down journey is how it is supposed to be.
When we stop chasing 100% perfect 100% of the time,
And instead accept the 50/50 of life we find:
We find our calm in the storm.
If you would like help learning to accept your struggles while creating the life you desire, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!