Ok, I get it.
Really, I do.
It is extremely important that:
- We share our stories of abuse.
- We write songs, blogs, and books to get it out and to encourage others.
- Perpetrators are prosecuted.
- Laws are changed so punishments fit the crimes.
- Statute of limitations are changed or removed because it takes years for victims to come forward.
I get all of that.
I agree with all of that.
I am behind survivors of abuse and trauma 100%.
And I am sure this point of view might not be popular.
But here I go anyway …
Any and all survivors, please!
- Telling your story
- Encouraging others
- Seeking justice
- Changing laws
- Creating awareness
Is NOT your path to personal healing.
I promise you it won’t heal you.
It can be a valuable part of your healing process.
However, without doing healing work,
You and your life will continue to suffer.
You can push the effects of the abuse and trauma down.
You can pretend you are over it.
You can think this is just how life is for you.
But all of that would be a lie.
So, when you are done telling your story and encouraging others, etc.
- Do I still have nightmares about abuse or trauma?
- Do I still feel unsafe or guarded?
- Do I struggle in marriage or relationships?
- Are my relationships with family members difficult or strained?
- Do I feel broken, unworthy, unloved or just never good enough?
- Do I lack self-confidence or self-worth?
- Do I expect others to make me feel happy or loved?
- Do I struggle or am constantly unhappy or unsatisfied in my work?
- Do I overeat or drink or spend money to make myself happy?
- Do I think I am missing out on the great life others have?
If you answered yes or even maybe to just one of the above,
You probably have healing work to do.
Understand that abuse and trauma are the gifts that keep giving,
But only until you do the work to heal yourself.
Once you have done that, I promise you will:
- Be Free
- Have love, peace, and happiness
- Enjoy fulfilling relationships and marriage
- Know how to overcome difficult family relationships and be at peace about it.
- Feel worthy, loved, and good enough
- Have self-confidence and self-worth
- Create your own happiness
- Find happiness and satisfaction in your work
I promise all of that and more …
If you do your own healing work.
Investing in your healing is your most important investment.
Because without healing nothing,
And I mean nothing in your life will work in the long run.
I also know you have:
- Bills to pay
- A mortgage or rent
- Kids to feed and cloth
But ask yourself is:
- The new outfit
- The vacation
- The weekly coffees, drinks, and dinners out
Really going to give you what you are seeking in the long run?
I’ve been there and done all of that.
So have my clients.
I can tell you the answer is no.
It won’t give you what you want in the long run.
So, tell your story, encourage others.
Work to change laws and create awareness.
But also, be sure to make the investment of your time and money count.
Make the investment of your healing work your top priority.
If you would like help healing from abuse or trauma, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy
I will help you!