It is so easy to think only you struggle.
But everyone struggles.
In fact, in order to grow, you must be willing to struggle.
Some how we think it will be easy after we:
- Finish our education
- Get a job
- Find love
- Get married
- Have children
Some how we think we will arrive …
And it will be easy.
But there isn’t any arrival.
By step-mom tells me even in retirement, she has struggles.
Maybe it isn’t about arriving.
Maybe it isn’t about not struggling.
Maybe it is about how we handle the struggle.
Hmm … think about that.
Maybe handling or not handling the struggle …
Is what makes you or breaks you.
Remember the saying:
What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.
So how can you handle your struggles, so it doesn’t kill you?
Or feel like it is killing you.
Try these the next time you are struggling:
- Accept the struggle as part of the process. Don’t argue with it or against it. Just accept it.
- Ask yourself how the struggle makes you feel?
- Ask yourself what thought is causing that feeling?
- Is that thought and feeling serving you? Probably not. It takes mental, emotional and physical energy when we argue or complain about the struggle. Even if we only complain to ourselves.
- Pick a new empowering thought and feeling to think and feel about your struggle.
- Practice thinking that thought and feeling that feeling.
Moving from arguing and complaining to an empowering thought and feeling can help move you through the struggle. This is a learned and practiced skill.
If you would like help reframing your thoughts and feelings, just click: Schedule My Consultation With Cindy